The Wanda GÃ¡g Read Aloud Book Award for childrenâ€™s literature, sponsored by the Curriculum Materials Center at Minnesota State University Moorhead, is for the best picture book of the year to read aloud to younger children. Picture books for children from the age range of toddlers to age eight are considered. All picture books eligible for the award are field-tested with children. This annual award reflects the following goals:
- Recognizing authors and illustrators of outstanding picture books to read aloud.
- Promoting reading and reading aloud as lifelong activities.
- Assisting anyone who reads to children with the selection of quality picture books.
- Providing MSUM students with practice to improve reading aloud skills.
- Offering children ample opportunities to listen and respond to quality literature.