What is a Read-a-thon®?
Read-a-thon® is a simple and complete two-week program that allows your school to focus on reading and raising funds without all the hassles of traditional fundraising programs. It requires no product selling or volunteers and is free to start.
Get up to 25% (max $500) with the JLG Match
The first $2,000 of funds raised from your Read-a-thon® account are allocated to your JLG Membership, and we will match up to 25% (max of $500) during your first year. With these funds, you now have the budget you need to order any of our newly-published, future award-winning titles from a variety of categories from Pre-K through Adult Crossover.
Junior Library Guild Members love Read-a-thon®
“For this being our first Read-a-thon, I think it went really well! Tiffany and Kari were awesome and very helpful throughout the entire process. We were able to raise enough money to fund our JLG subscription, and our students are very excited to get some new books in the library. This is one of the easiest fundraisers I’ve ever done.”—WMS Library, Richmond, VA
Here’s why Read-a-thon® works:
- Kids focus on reading instead of selling products
- Built-in prize incentives, including games and books, encourage engagement
- Easy-to-use online program enables you to:
- accept donations from anywhere in the world; even friends and family from out of town can support reading efforts
- track fundraising donations and reading sessions in real time via the dashboard view
- manage from your computer or mobile device with minimal time commitment
- Includes free starter kit with all the materials you need:
- Administrator Handbook
- Reader Take Home Sheets
- Green Reminder Bracelets
- Reminder Take Home Sheet
- Business Sponsorship Media Letters