Collection Development is easy with JLG. Start your free membership today and get the best new-release books delivered straight to your library every month.
Click here to print the How JLG Works brochure
We read thousands of books every year and select only the best.
The JLG editorial team reviews more than 3,000 new titles each year, in manuscript or prepublication stage. We’ve developed a keen sense for finding the best of the best. Nearly 95 percent of our selections go on to receive awards and/or favorable reviews.
Choose from a wide range of JLG Levels and subjects that fit your needs.
You choose the right mix and number of JLG Levels for your library. No one knows your library or your readers better than you, so you’re in the best position to make the choices that meet their specific needs. JLG offers levels for students from prekindergarten through high school in genres from easy reading to mature young adult, even paperback trade books. There’s something for every reader and every library.
Your benefits last all year long
You’ll have the best new materials every single month, all year long. Even at the end of the year when your book budget is spent, the newest books will keep on coming. That’s the JLG promise—and we’ve been delivering on that promise for over eighty years.
Great books are just the beginning. You’ll get lots more:
- Decorative posters featuring upcoming books from JLG Levels
- Special Offers - the famous $5 flyer, monthly specials and more
- Reviews for all titles from JLG reviewers, School Library Journal, or The Horn Book Magazine
- Unlimited substitutions at zero cost
- Our reviewers identify sensitive areas to help you decide if a book is right for your library
- FREE standard MARC records
- Custom MARC records available
- Full shelf-ready processing just $2 per book
- Discounts from our sister companies: Library Journal, School Library Journal, and The Horn Book, Inc.
Access your account anytime here on our Web site
- Download FREE standard MARC records
- View details about your forthcoming books and make substitutions
- Renew and add Reading Levels
- Browse and download level-specific posters
- Manage your account preferences and information
- Upload reports on Common Core correlations for our books
Save even more on individual backlist titles
Only our valued members have the opportunity to buy our exceptional backlist books at exceptional prices! Fill in your collection or buy multiple copies of your most popular books at budget-stretching prices.
Buy as many titles as you like. For every 50 books you order, you can choose 4 more FREE! And shipping is always FREE.
Our special monthly 24/7 backlist offer is a super deal with 24 books for Elementary and 24 books for Mid/High—each book is just $7! Get Started Now