Here at JLG and throughout our sister companies we are committed to putting the best new books into the hands of young readers. We are strong advocates for the value of quality literature and the impacts that it can have on a child’s life. We understand that not all school libraries are afforded the same opportunities, which is why we’ve created the MSI READS scholarship.
MSI READS stands for “Reaching Educators and Developing Students.” This is a scholarship program dedicated to helping schools in need due to budget cuts, natural disasters, and general lack of funding. Nominations will be accepted twice a year.
Scholarship winners will receive:
- Up to $1,300 in books to supply one classroom from AKJ
- A one-year JLG subscription for six categories valued over $1,600
- A one year print subscription for Library Journal, School Library Journal, and Horn Book
- Two online subscriptions for Library Journal, School Library Journal, and Horn Book
- Two complimentary seats to any online course within one year of the date awarded
2023 Submission deadlines
First half- submissions due 1/31/2023. The winners will be chosen, and their scholarship details finalized by 3/15/2023.
Second half – submissions due 10/31/2023. The winners will be chosen, and their scholarship details finalized by 12/15/2023
Criteria for selection
The winners of this scholarship will be chosen after considering a wide array of criteria. This includes your schools funding, general need, impact from natural disasters, and more. To nominate your school, follow this link to our selection questionnaire.